Work from home recipes for the family.
Have you ever struggled with your weekly menu at home? We know we do. Sometimes you and your family get bored of the same recipes. That’s something we have experienced, too. Coming up with ideas for breakfast, lunch, and dinner can be tough – Altus is here to help with that.
Kicking off this month, we will be posting an easy-to-follow monthly recipe from an Altus staff member or parent for you to enjoy. Just in time for the holiday season and in the spirit of giving, we would like to invite you to email us your favorite recipe ideas to share with our community and a chance to be featured on our blog! Be sure to include instructions and a picture of you and your family enjoying your meal.
Our first recipe comes from our Finance Administrator, William Berry, who made some delicious Smoked Italian Beef Sandwiches for his family. William made this tasty sandwich recipe using a Dutch oven, but you can also prepare this meal in a slow cooker or an instant pot. Let us know if you make any substitutions or add anything extra to the recipe… we love hearing about everyone's unique twist!
Now, time to get cookin’! We hope you enjoy the first recipe from our monthly blog and stay tuned for more…
Smoked Italian Beef Sandwiches
- 3.5 lb Chuck Roast
- 1 Red Onion
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 10 Pepperoncini (or more depending on preference)
- 1 can of Beef Stock
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 stick of Butter
- 1 tbsp Italian Herb Seasoning
1. Start by seasoning your roast with salt and pepper.
2. Put on the smoker for 2-3 hours, we used hickory chunks.
3. In the Dutch oven add:
- A bed of sliced red onion
- Enough beef stock to cover the onions
- 2 tbsp each of Worcestershire Sauce & Soy Sauce
- 5 -6 cloves of minced garlic
- Handful of pepperoncini peppers
- 1/2 stick of butter
- Season it all with Italian herb seasoning
4. Place the smoked roast over the onions, cover and cook for 3-4 hours in your oven at 285 degrees, until fork tender.
5. Remove, cool, shred and pile high on a fresh roll with provolone cheese.
6. Top with giardiniera
Jalapeno Artichoke Dip
Recipe by: Rose, CSSD Health Assistant
16 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
8 ounces Mayonnaise
1 1/4 cups Parmesan Cheese (grated)
1 4 ounce can Diced Jalapenos
1 can Artichoke Hearts in water (quartered and drained)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients using a hand-held mixer, reserving 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese. Spread mixture in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Serve with either tortilla chips, crackers, or crostini.
If the jalapenos are too hot, reduce amount or you can use diced green chiles (not as good)!
Total calories and fat grams: More than you want to know 🙂